Sunday, August 3, 2008

Michael Dennis Burke

Michael Dennis Burke – AK: Doc, We call him a bunch of other things, but I can write them down here
Bass Guitar, Vocals and what ever else he can get away with

It’s hard for me to call him Mike so from this point on it’s Doc!

Doc is the renasounce man! He’s an artist, he’s a racer or cars and motor cycles, he’s a mechanic, he’s a builder, he’s a doctor of medicine, but about all he is a lover of music and a great bass player. Well let me drop back ten and punt. The band’s favorite line to Doc is “Stay in the Pocket” to which he simply replies, “I was just adding the 3rd, 5th, 7th or 9th and I thought it would fit when I resolve back to the root. What the hell is he talking about? We’re a three piece band!!!! I guess one of the biggest gut busters we’ve had in the band was when Doc was tuning and asked for a concert A. I had to ask is that the same as an A Major. Doc is a singer of singers when it comes to harmony! It doesn’t matter what the style or song or key, Doc can sing something that fits the mood.

Doc started playing music at the age of 14 and has never looked back. When we asked him what brought him to start playing he said, “For the love of the music”.

Doc says his three main influences for his playing style are John Entwistel, Stanley Clark and Victor Wooten. My God Doc, no wonder you don’t stay in the pocket!! Those guys are the best of the best bass players.

Doc says his main accomplishments that he has enjoyed through playing music are: playing church Revivals, several big outdoor concerts and the David Michael Band.

When asked where his music is going he said, “The David Michael Band has a ton of potential because of the originals of David Morse and the creative playing of all the members of the band. I think we can go far if we get noticed and the right backing.

Doc says that music is his life away from family which is the most important, but it gives meaning to a lot of other things he does.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dad,

We like your web site! Abby and I are playing
on the computer and she showed this.
I like the pictures, where's yours?

See you later,
Love Lorre